Saturday, April 07, 2007

Mel Isaacs stole my guitar


Mel Isaacs, proprietor of the now defunct London Resonator Centre on Denmark Street, walked off with the money he had gotten for my guitar that he had on consignment, along with those of many others.

Before you feel sorry for Mel, understand that he sold my guitar in January 2007, and yet when I had heard nothing from him and wrote to him in late February, he personally wrote me back on March 5th 2007 to say that he had just recently taken a deposit on my mint National Polyphonic and hoped to have the deal concluded within a week or two.  

Obviously, his email was fraudulent, and he has dissapeared with my money.

I will be seeing to it that this page comes up high on Google's search list for Mel Isaacs, and encourage anyone else who has been defrauded and/or had their money stolen by Mel Isaacs to post here.

If you have any knowledge of Mel Isaac's whereabouts, please also post that here as sharing this knowledge will empower all of us to force Mel Isaacs to make things right.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Thomas,
Yes, I have a similar story. In my case its 2 guitars, a Paris Fine Resophonic style 5 maple triplate and a National style 1, apparently sold some time ago. I've started enquiries with companies house etc with a view to proceedings via the small claims court. However, reading other forums regarding Mr Isaacs, people seem to think he is a gentleman who will do the right thing and honour his commitments. This has not happenedd so far and before the trail goes completely cold I will seek advice as to whether Mr Isaacs has committed dishonesty offences. If this is the case, I will be reporting the matter to The Metropolitan Police.

Regards

Chris

3:38 AM  
Blogger Thomas Massengale said...

Indeed, after Mel sold my guitar in January, and then personally emailed me in March to say that he had just taken a deposit on my instrument in the past week (even though he had just closed the shop, which he failed to mention in his email), and given that he has gone into hiding with a number of instruments that do not belong to him, I would say that it is time to contact the police now.

I am also sure that Mel is reading this blog by now, and I encourage him to put a stop to all this by stepping up and doing the right thing by contacting us and making things right.

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup me too. Quite some time ago I had a Donmo single cone resonator with LRC on consignment sale. I asked Mel about it on several occassions and although he told me it had not sold, when I said that I had better take it back, in retrospect, he was strangely reluctant, so perhaps he had already sold it. My guess is that the business was steadily going downhill and that rather than admit it, Mel just carried on until in an act of desperation, he pulled a vanishing act along with the stock, hoping to sell it all on the quite. So far all those associated with him are saying they know nothing and don't know where he is.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up Thomas,

I've left a message for Mel via his eBay account, so I'll see what (if anything) happens.

Regards

Chris (10th Nov 2008)

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home